Key information for Vauxhall One members on BID levy payments, eligibility criteria and services that you can access with your membership.
Am I a member?
If your business is within the Vauxhall One BID area and your property has a rateable value over £20,000, you are automatically a member of Vauxhall One. You can check if you are a member by contacting us.
What benefits do I get as a member of Vauxhall One?
Vauxhall One is a Business Improvement District (BID), which means that its sole purpose is to support Vauxhall-based businesses and improve the area. Current benefits offered by Vauxhall One include:
- Recycling from First Mile
- Regular discounts with local venues and businesses via Vauxhall Perks emails
- Monthly Dr Bike events with free bike maintenance and safety checks
- Litter picking and small handyman jobs by our team
- Networking and social events
- Free summer events programme including Summer Screens, Victorian Vauxhall, the Vauxhall Beer Festival and Bearpit Karaoke
- B2B promotion through the Vauxhall One newsletter and social media channels
- B2C promotion through the Vauxhall London brand and social media channels
- Business events and training opportunities
- Vauxhall marketing materials such as area maps and leaflets on the area’s attractions and history
Do I get a say in what Vauxhall One does?
As with all BIDs, businesses must vote in a ballot every 5 years as to whether Vauxhall One continues its work. Vauxhall One releases a business plan to coincide with the ballot outlining major projects, events and public realm works that is created using feedback from member businesses.
Do I have to pay BID levy?
If your business is within the Vauxhall One BID area (link to a map outlining this) and your property has a rateable value over £20,000, you are automatically a member of Vauxhall One and it is compulsory that you pay BID levy.
How do I pay my BID levy?
You need your nine-digit BID reference number which you can find on your invoice. Use this as your reference when making payment.
Sort Code 30-65-41
Account No 39699668
Who do I contact if I have any BID levy payment queries?
Vauxhall One is not responsible for the collection of the levy. Any queries, including copy invoices, should be taken up directly with Lambeth Council:
020 8315 2255 Mon – Fri 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Lambeth Business Rates, PO Box 67072, London, SW2 9JE
When do I pay my BID levy?
Members can either pay in full in April on receipt of their invoice, or in two instalments due 1 April and 1 October.
Please note you will not receive a second invoice for the payment due in October.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis in 2020, we are offering more businesses the option to pay in instalments for the 2020 financial year. Contact us (link to contact us page) for more details.
I don’t fit the member criteria but would like to access Vauxhall One services, is this possible?
Yes, small and medium businesses can have an ‘opt-in membership’. For an annual fee you will have access to the majority of services we provide including recycling, Vauxhall One networking and business events, litter collection around your premises and small DIY jobs.
Contact us to find out more.