FREE Training courses from Lambeth College
Courses are available in various sectors including:
- First Aid – Units include Emergency First Aid at Work & Paediatric First Aid.
- Health & Safety – Units include Being safe & healthy at Work, Fire Safety and Manual Handling.
- Customer Service – Including Communicating using Customer Service language; and Understanding the Principles of Customer Service.
- Child Development - including Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity.
- Health & Social Care –Including Safeguarding and Understanding Mental Health Issues.
- Hospitality – Including BII Food Safety L2 and Responsible Alcohol Retailing.
Courses are designed on a credit basis. Each unit is given a credit value and Employers can put together courses totalling 5 or 13 credits. These credit totals equate to courses lasting 4 or 8 days. Details of units available are itemised on individual subject sheets.
Lambeth College is able to offer these courses for free through European Social Funding (ESF). Training is offered to employers in the Small to Medium Enterprise sector (SME). The criteria is less than 250 people and turnover under £45 million. If a company meets these criteria and is not a subsidiary of a larger enterprise, Lambeth College can offer free training with us getting the funding from the ESF.
If an Organisation has 10 or more staff interested then training can take place in the workplace. If company has 10 or less staff interested then mixed employer sessions are available.
How can this benefit my business?
- When investing in your staff, commitment increases and they are more motivated to do a good job.
- Employees can get an increased sense of self-confidence through achievement.
- Training courses in health & safety cover a number of important issues which support safe working practices and may contribute to a reduction in workplace related accidents, injury and illness. Employers will benefit from their employees recognising the importance of health and safety in the work environment.
- Customer Service courses will provide the basis for optimized communication and service with an employer’s customers and client base
- Better productivity overall means reduced costs and efficient operations for higher profits.