Good Night Out Campaign
Who they are?
Good Night Out Campaign is on a mission for safer nightlife. We believe nights out should be about freedom not fear. We help venues, bars, pubs, clubs, and festivals to better understand, respond to and prevent sexual harassment and assault in their spaces. We have worked with hundreds of licensed premises, including festivals and universities across the UK and beyond. We partner with charities like Drinkaware and councils who count on us to provide accessible and effective training to local managers, bar staff and security. Our team has a varied professional background in frontline sexual violence prevention work, facilitation and music venue management.
What is Good Night Out accreditation?
GNO accreditation is offered to licensed premises that work to our best practice policy, display our posters and undertake specialist workplace training. This is a package offered for a one-off feewhich includes ongoing support for up to a year. We undertake similar work with festivals and event organisers. We tailor what we do because we know every business has different requirements.
Why is this important?
The scale of the problem is huge. Inappropriate comments, unwanted touching or groping were experienced by 79% of women and 26% of men on nights out in a 2017 YouGov survey. Shame and blame adds to the harm caused, so those who experience this rarely report it. Staff often feel unclear on their responsibilities under licensing law when working in premises without a procedure to address what is often criminal behaviour. A consistent response to all complaints helps create what we call an ‘accountable’ environment, where perpetrators proven to be less likely harass or assault due to the clear consequences. Upholding a shared expectation of acceptable standards of behaviour in your space creates a reputation for safety. This is good for your license and good for your bottom line, as well contributing to the broader social change we all want to see!
How does it work?
We offer the following as part of this accreditation:
- Consultation with managers to get a sense of your premises.
- Review any procedures you may already have in place including security provision
- Provide a detailed best practice policy relevant to all staff roles.
- Delivery of 1.5hr on site workshop: "Understanding and Responding to Sexual Harrassment and Assault in Licensed Premises" for up to 25 staff per session
- Delivered by 2 x specialist co-faciltators
- Certificates of attendance and materials
- Hard copy and digital versions of our glabally-recognised, positively-worded posters for display throughout your space, co-branded with your logos upon request
- Promotion as appropriate of your venue
- The use of GNO logo in your own publicity
- Ongoing support and advice after any incidents with a named GNO contact
- An accreditation agreement which is valid for one year from the training date
- Access to an online resource toolkit with everything you may need to refer to
How much will it cost?
- Standard premises accreditation: **Discounted Price Applicable for Vauxhall One Locations**
- Vauxhall One are funding half of the costs of the standard accredition per premise. This means as a venue you pay £224.50 instead of £449
- This includes 1 x 1.5hr training session for up to 25 staff members. If you have a larger team contact us for a more cost-effective quote,. The training is aimed at all staff, incl. security and shift managers.
- Very small teams may be able to spread the cost by teaming up neighbouring venues and attending one training session.
- Renewing your accreditation training new staff
- Re-training prices start at £250 for premises already using our policy and displaying our posters
No VAT is payable on the above prices.
The 1.5h training session can be booked for a time that is convenient for you (7 days a week, morning, day or evening), for example during a planned staff meeting. Please email us with a suggested date and time in order to book the session.