Job Vacancy: Rights Assistant (Maternity Cover)
- Assist Foreign Rights Managers in mail out of proofs, finished copies and PDFs
- Support Foreign Rights Managers in keeping records of interests, submissions, rejections and contact details up to date on Biblio system
- Request printing costs and schedules from the Production department after discussion with the sales team
- Order files from the Production and IT departments and sending these to co-edition publishers when needed
- Send publishers’ text files to Design Support for checking
- Provide support to the Foreign Rights Managers in gaining plotter/advance approval
- Provide support to the Foreign Rights Managers on shipping and invoicing queries from co-edition publishers
- Liaise with co-edition publishers regarding renewal/reversion of expired rights
Sales Trips/Sales Presentations/Book fairs:
- Assist with hotel/restaurant/travel arrangements for fairs and sales trips
- Provide support so that proofs, dummies, special presentation material, and finished copies are produced and collected on time
- Help with packing boxes and compiling packing list for book fairs
- Help with book fair catalogue mail out
- Help with book fair/sales trip appointment scheduling as required
- Send out contracts to foreign publishers and liaise with Contracts and Accounts departments on tracking signatures and payments
- Send out biographies, photos, reviews and marketing plans to foreign publishers
- File foreign editions and pass these on for mail out to authors/illustrators/agents
- Help in keeping submission copies and proofs stocked and organised in the department
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Excellent administrative skills with an understanding of the importance of a sales support role in relation to customer service and business development.
- Able to prioritise work given specific deadlines, juggling multiple projects and requests without close supervision, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Adobe Professional desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confidence in communicating with other departments as well as foreign publishers.
- Foreign language skills advantageous.
- An interest in international publishing, book production and the co-edition process.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and to work calmly under pressure.
- Enjoy working as part of a team, and making a positive contribution to the team.
Salary: Competitive with a great benefits package
Location: Vauxhall, London
Contract Type: Full Time, Temporary 12 month contract to cover maternity leave
Closing date: 18th November 2018
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com