Sainsbury’s Nine Elms Point joins forces with local fire service to help customers stay safe this firework season.
Crew members from Lambeth Red Watch – London Fire Brigade made a special visit to the supermarket to provide hints and tips to help Wandsowrth & Lambeth customers stay safe during the firework season.
The fire-fighting team were at the store on Saturday 22nd October 2016 and spent the day speaking to customers and handing out useful leaflets with information for shoppers.
Store Manager, Andy Robins, said: “As a store which sells fireworks, it’s really important that we act as a responsible retailer and make sure that our customers understand how to use fireworks safely. That’s why we were delighted to invite Lambeth Red Watch to the store at the weekend and we hope all of our customers took away some great advice on the day”.
Some top tips this firework season include:
- Keep fireworks in a closed tin or box
- Light fireworks at arm’s length using a taper or fireworks lighter
- Never go back to a lit firework
- Never throw a firework
- Light sparklers one at a time and never give sparklers to children under the age of 5
- Dispose of sparklers in a bucket of water as soon as they’ve finished
Sainsbury’s have two great fireworks offers in store this year: Customers can buy two and save on selected lines. Meanwhile, if you spend £20 or more on fireworks, you will receive a free pyro pack worth £30.