TfL works in July and the Kennington Lane Footbridge update
Kennington Lane Footbridge
- The footbridge is no longer being removed permanently, TfL are modifying the northern staircase to retain the bridge. This means the bridge will be temporarily closed until the end of May.
- TfL had originally planned to remove the bridge but after consultation changed the designs so it would remain.
A202 Harleyford Road / A203 South Lambeth Road junction
- Moving the kerb on the southern footway to make room for the new cycle lane (ongoing until early-June) Harleyford Road / Durham Street junction
- Upgrading the existing pedestrian crossing, and making adjustments to the traffic island and footway outside the Beehive Pub (ongoing until early-June)
A202 Harleyford Road (southern footway)
- Building the new bus stop bypass on the southern side of A202 Harleyford Road, between Durham Street and Vauxhall Grove (from early June until early-July). The cycle track will take cyclists behind the bus stop and away from the traffic. Bus passengers will access the stop by crossing the cycle track using a marked crossing point
- Bus stop suspension: The existing bus stop, outside the community garden on Harleyford Road, will be suspended for the duration of the works with a temporary stop located nearby
A202 Kennington Oval
- Upgrading the ‘raised table’ at the corner of A202 Harleyford Road and Kennington Oval at the St Mark’s Church of England Primary School end
- Road closure: To enable these works, a temporary closure of Kennington Oval (side road) will be required with a signed traffic diversion in place (from 23 May until 31 May, over the school holidays)
Temporary fencing, lane restrictions, traffic and pedestrian diversions will be in place along A202 Harleyford Road / Kennington Oval and on side roads whilst the construction works take place.