We are recruiting!
This is an exciting and varied role that requires both a wide range of marketing and communications skills and a passion for London and its developing neighbourhoods. You will be contributing your communications expertise on all our projects, events and messaging. We are looking for an individual who is personable, robust, suited to working in a small team and capable of juggling several projects at once.
The post-holder will be working with the small executive team to deliver the objectives of the Vauxhall One BID Proposal and leading the BID’s engagement with its diverse membership of local businesses, and the public at large. The post-holder would report to, and be supported by, the Chief Executive.
Bernard Collier, CEO
Delivery of Vauxhall One’s marketing strategy, as well as planning and delivery of joint cultural program.
- Manage and deliver all of Vauxhall One’s marketing and communications activities.
- Oversight of external marketing and Brand agency and our Vauxhall B2C channels – www.beinvauxhall.com
- Oversight of www.vauxhallone.co.uk website and providing copy and updating on a regular basis
- Promoting BID activity to a range of external partners
- Event planning and management, including Summer Screen and the Vauxhall One/ Lambeth Council joint cultural program
- Press and public relations with direction of CEO
- Working with partners (including Local Authorities and other Business Improvement Districts) to deliver joint projects
- Quarterly e-newsletters to BID members/partners
- Oversight of Vauxhall One’s social media comprising of Facebook and Twitter feeds
- Delivering BID collateral including local maps, promotional information, posters, stationery
- Leading on member engagement
- Liaison with BID members on marketing matters
- Working with the CEO to produce Vauxhall One’s annual report
- Working with the CEO to provide copy for funding bids
- Other relevant tasks and projects as required, or requested by line manager
Candidates should have demonstrable experience and/or knowledge of:
- Creating and implementing marketing and communications campaigns across a range of activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Digital marketing: CMS, social media and e-newsletters
- Working under pressure and responding to conflicting demands
- Love of Vauxhall a plus
- Knowledge of BID’s helpful but not essential
Vauxhall home of the Pleasure Gardens once the capitals playground is at the heart of Europe’s largest business regeneration development. Vauxhall has a truly diverse mix of businesses from MI6, large-scale offices, hospitality, national charities, small shops and an international sporting venue, The Kia Oval. It is also has growing cultural offer with a gallery district - the Newport Street (Damien Hirst) Gallery, Cabinet Gallery, Gasworks, and Beaconsfield Contemporary Art. Vauxhall is an historic centre for LGBTQI+ culture with the Royal Vauxhall Tavern, Above the Stag Theatre along with many clubs. It is one of the few places in London, you can go axe throwing (Whistle Punks), boulder climbing (Vauxwall) and visit a city farm in zone one.
However, it is set to grow bigger and better over the next fifteen years with some 29,000 new workers and an additional 500,000 sq meters of commercial space in the wider regeneration area as well as international embassies, Four-star hotels, a revamped evening-time offer to accommodate office workers as well as a vastly improved retail area.
Transport for London has a large-scale investment plan for redeveloping Vauxhall station and transport hub with the removal of the Vauxhall Gyratory. Lambeth council has developed a Vauxhall wide master plan creating a framework for wider public realm investment. Vauxhall One on behalf of local business has a unique opportunity to shaping development with partners.
Vauxhall One is a key player in ensuring that the area is a safe, vibrant and pleasant area to live work and visit. Vauxhall One are maximising the business opportunity for the area by growing the area brand through our B2C assets BeinVauxhall.com. Playing on the unique history of the gardens with a cultural programme in partnership with Lambeth council businesses and developers Vauxhall One are seeking to grow the brand of a place where being different is championed.
Vauxhall One Business Improvement District (BID)
Vauxhall One has been running since 2013 and is in its second ballot term. Sitting at the centre of a partnership, which brings together the GLA, TfL, the Metropolitan Police, London Borough of Lambeth as well as various agencies, we have been responsible for investing over £7m into the area.
Vauxhall One is a business-led limited company that levies a business rate to improve Vauxhall for employers, employees, visitors and residents. Together, businesses identify projects and services that are needed to add value to existing services and make Vauxhall a great place to live work and visit.
Applicants should apply by email their up-to-date CV and cover letter, no more than two pages addressing your experiences meeting the person specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday 1st November.
Interviews will take place in Vauxhall on Wednesday 13th November.